Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another Set of Signs I Have Great Friends

Got an email from a buddy last night. He's read through much of The Last Captain and had some great feedback. I needed the kick in the ass his letter gave me, not because he had lots of corrections, but because he was on it, doing exactly what I'd asked; finding those consistency errors. What's more, he was enthusiastic about the story and characters. This was quite a relief to me, and while the book isn't done, it has renewed my enthusiasm for it.

Then, this morning, I had an email from another friend, this one inviting me to a meal at one of the nation's finest restaraunts. Arriving out of the blue, as it did, I was suprised and very pleased at the invite. My reply was coarse and tongue-in-cheek, but the insecure writer in me couldn't just accept without trying to cover how very touched I am to be invited to dine with him.

As I've said before, I have greater friends than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment