Sunday, December 19, 2010

10 Things I Have Done That You Probably Have Not

Inspired by Scalzi, I decided to cobble this together:

1) Stood inside The Great Pyramid At Giza.

2) Walked in the shadow of the Parthenon

3) With ram and body, battered down the doors to suspect's homes.

4) Learned two languages foreign to me

5) Fired a drum-fed Thompson submachinegun till dry, reloaded and done it again

6) Arrested a murderer, for murder

7) Drank where Lenin did when in exile.

8) Been paid for something I wrote, and had said material published.

9) Had Walter Payton put his arm about my shoulders

10) Saved a life

8 comments:

  1. Wow. I am humbled and honored to be able to say I've met you. What an awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, you've never shot a Thompson? Come to SF, I'll get you on the range, blazing away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I _know_! Loading those drums is SUCH a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done 1 and 2, learnt one language, not two, but I think my coup de grace that few people have done would be "Stared Ramses II in the face!" :-)

    Guns make me nervous for obvious reasons, but I am envious of arresting a murderer and saving a life. One I will never do and another I hope not to have to.

    Awesome list, I'm proud to call you a very close friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool list! It is always fun to see others peoples'. Thanks for sharing!

    Mike M.

    ReplyDelete