Friday, March 5, 2010

Woke up this morning...

Not sure what woke me at 0145, but I tossed and turned for an hour, then gave it up for a bad cause. I decided to get up and see what I could crank out.

It's been about a month since I consistently sat and banged out words on The Last Captain. I had been doing some work on refining a section or two, but hadn't really thumped down new stuff or drawn closer to being finished with the thing. In an hour I put down nearly a thousand new words. They feel right, but may need some expansion.

It is interesting to me that I very rarely recall dreams I have. When I go to bed I tend to lay there and think over the last few days, paying particular attention to any behavior I would like to beat myself up over. I think that's what happened tonight. I hadn't self flagellated enough before falling asleep, but my subconcious continued to hoe that row. Once the guilt had been turned to perfection, I woke, and was spurred to write.

Speaking of which:

The Last Captain needs some more work...

No comments:

Post a Comment