Monday, March 15, 2010

Today Was A Good Day

I had begun to despair that the things I had written under contract would not be seen this year, if at all. I have been paid, the checks deposited. There was just no word at all on what was happening, so I just went on to work on the novel. When I did get word, it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Yesterday the first piece was put up for final checks of the format and editing. I experienced a thrill that I am still riding seeing my name on it.

The second piece went up today for the final check-through. The artwork selected for it is slick, and portraits of the characters very nice. I'm thrilled.

It's small print and electronic at that, it ain't a novel, and it doesn't even qualify for SFWA.

But it is: paid for, done, nearly out, and mine...

A quiet contentment spreads wings 'neath my breastbone...

1 comment: