Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Tennessee

This morning was quite fine, with my daughter ecstatic over her American Girl doll, Emily. My wife liked the things I bought her, and my parents appreciated the gifts they received. I too, looked about and thought myself blessed.

Isabelle, Karen, and I spent the day hammering out different games on the Wii... Entertaining, but sore shoulders for all.

Then it came time for dinner: Turkey, stuffing, cranberries, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, aunts, uncles, dog trainers, dog, cat, and a general wonderland of wine. What I wouldn't give for another stomach!

Now we sit and digest, and I try not to watch Prince Caspian for the 8 millionth time (my daughter absolutely adores it, and can quote lines from any portion of the film). I am supposed to get some writing done, I think. Luckily, the laptop lets me be among the family and cozy whilst I type this out.

I am blessed in many ways, most of all with regard to my family. I treasure these times, I really do.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and best wishes for the New Year.

Later, District 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment