Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yesterday

I took the first part of my department's sergeant's promotional exam yesterday, the written.

This is the third time I have taken the exam, and the happiest I've been with the quality of the questions. I don't mean to say that I did exceptionally well, I'm just saying I thought the exam appropriate to the  job. That could not be said about the first exam I was eligible for, and I could only say the exam developers improved the questions for the last iteration three years ago.

No, this time the questions were appropriate and appropriately difficult. I am usually a fast test-taker, but I used more of the allotted time on this occasion than I am accustomed to.  The first half of the written exam was challenging; I required all but five minutes of time to make initial decisions, leaving only five minutes to review my answers for completeness.

I think I did passably well. Perhaps better than ever before. We will see if it was good enough.

The oral board is scheduled to take place in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment