Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ha!

Talked with my friend and mentor in the PD today. Mark is retiring as of Friday. We shot the shit, laughed a lot, and generally had a great conversation. When the call ended I had a brief pang over how much I will miss him when he is no longer there to call for advice on how to deal with something stupid. Of course, he will be around, just not up to date on the latest BS...

But I digress; what the call really did was remind me of the many good times I've had in uniform.

Don't get me wrong, it ain't all shits and giggles. But sometimes the shit people do can give you a hard, gut-wrenching belly laugh. Sometimes the laughter is all you can do to keep from crying.

If you should see me sometime, ask me what story comes to my mind on seeing this picture:


It's gross, engrossing, and terribly funny, so if that's not your thing, don't fucking ask. I won't tell, otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment